My Photo
Name:
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, United States

I am a Certified Life Purpose Coach, Speaker, and Life Plan Facilitator. I am an Instructor Candidate for Life Purpose Coaching Centers International. I have a Master’s Degree in Education in Guidance and Counseling and a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications both from Whitworth College in Spokane, Washington.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Friends and Family

Happy Thanksgiving!  I am writing with a full stomach after our family Thanksgiving in California.  Too many potatoes, pecan pie, and green bean casserole!
This is the first Thanksgiving that myself, and my 2 younger sisters, each had our husbands with us.
I have also had the privelege of being with my 2 neices Allison and Emily who are amazing.  What a delight for me to snuggle with Allison and hear her stories!
She will be turning 4 next week and Emily will be turning 1 in December. 
As a woman who is not a mother, this is all new to me!  I find it to be amazing, frightening, and inspiring....but isn't that how life is supposed to be?
 
Now last week, I was at the beautiful Lake Tahoe with a rotating group of girl friends.  The week started with Sara and Lisa from my years at Whitworth College working as an Resident Assistant.  Sara now lives in Japan and Lisa lives in California while she is working at Stanford.  Then Sara's friend Jennie, a lawyer, arrived from Memphis.  And finally, my best friend Tandi arrived from Spokane, Washington to close out the week.  We shopped, ate, talked, laughed, watched movies, and had a fabulous time.  We decided that starting next year we will continue the tradition and host Girls Week trips for others.  Want to join us??
 
So this is what I know....that I need to eat less and move more starting next week, that I love seeing my friends and family, that I like having my husband here with me, and that it is good to rest!
 
And before I forget to mention it, we had the joy of seeing a live Bear twice last week.  Each night in Lake Tahoe the bears come to the dumpsters to eat their dinner.  This is amazing to watch and I did get a photo! 
 
So.....with a grateful heart, and a full belly, I wish you a fabulous Thanksgiving!
 
 
 
 
 
Diane Cunningham, M.Ed.
Certified Life Purpose Coach
Speaker & Life Plan Facilitator
Instructor for Life Purpose Coaches
(210) 219-5231
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

It is so great when God orchestrates girlfriend time, especially when it is with old ones from college!

He did that for me this past summer and it was awesome.

Friday, November 23, 2007 at 7:09:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home